Benefit Skinny Jeans

Here is Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in "Skinny Jeans." On the Benefit website, it is described as "pretty pewter." I completely agree with that simple description. Although it is grey-based, it does lean a bit gold or green at times. It has really gorgeous and subtle shimmer to it as well (no glitter bits or anything).

The color is completely stunning and the texture is wonderfully buttery, soft, blendable, and very pigmented. The only thing that is not so wonderful is that on my mildly oily lids, it is certainly not "creaseless." I always make sure to apply it over my favorite primer (mac paint pots) so there's no creasing issues! If you have drier lids, I doubt you will have issues with creasing, but you've been warned, you might need to start with a primer first! :)

Personally, I love to use skinny jeans as a base for smokey eyes...pretty much any color, green, grey, gold, taupe, etc... When you layer other shadows over it, it really intensifies and deepens the colors of the shadow. It's also lovely on it's own just blended out, as a liner on the upper lash line, or all over the lid w/ a black in the outer-v for a skinny jeans smokey eye. It's really beautiful, and there is so much product in this little pot that it will take years and years until I get through it! Application wise, I find it easiest to apply and blend with my ring finger. I've also used my mac 217 for more precise placement.

Benefit has a handful of other colors in the creaseless cream formula, including some shimmery neutrals, golds, and pinks. I definitely want to check some more of them out because I love skinny jeans so much. If skinny jeans isn't your color, definitely research some of the other shades, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Comments

  1. I love this product :-) I purchased a few of the other shades (pinks & purples) but never use them so they are going to end up on one of my blog sales soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush