Anastasia Beverly Hills She Wears It Well Palette

Today I wanted to show you a palette I've been playing around with a lot the past month! It's the Anastasia Beverly Hills She Wears It Well Palette. If you are a lover of neutrals like I am, definitely keep reading! 
The packaging sturdy black faux alligator skin design. I love that it isn't bulky like some other palettes I've seen--it's thin and simple! There is also a decent sized mirror on the inside of the lid!
Also included were some large flash carsds with all sorts of looks you can create from the palette. The cards aren't included with the palette but I may do some looks from them in some future posts if you're interested. I think it would have been nice if they included smaller versions of these cards with the palette!
Neutral loveliness! As you can see a majority of the colors are on the shimmery side while the colors on the right are a matte formula (with the exception of the pink which has a bit of shimmer!) The palette also includes a double sided brush which I forgot to photograph properly. To be honest, I usually ignore any type of mini brush that is included in eyeshadow palettes as I find they don't perform very well. However with this one, I do like one side of it--it has a very soft pencil brush that is actually useable! Other than that, be prepared to use your own brushes to get the most out of this palette!

From left to right: Trophy, Glow, Latte, Foxy, Sunset
These are all in the shimmer category--they are not gritty at all and contain no chunky flecks of glitter!
From left to right: Frosting, Onyx, Almond, Toffee
The last three are all matte! Onyx and Toffee are paricularly smooth and pigmented for a matte formula. They're not quite as buttery as my Inglot mattes (which I adore) but I think the formula on these are great nevertheless! I actually wish they included more matte colors in this palette! Only thing I am disappointed with is Almond--I wish it was a tiny bit more pigmented. I really have to pack it on to make it show up on my skin!

I always wear a primer under my eyeshadows, so I can't comment on the wear time alone, but these shadows held up wonderfully and lasted all day for me! I'm really impressed by the formula--although they can be a little bit powdery when getting the eyeshadow on the brush (especially the shimmer shades) they do blend easily very easily and are nicely pigmented! One thing I wish they changed was the large amount of "sunset" in the center. It's a lovely champagne color and would be flattering on a lot of skin tones, but I wish they would have made it the same size as the rest of the eyeshadows and instead, added a 10th color (maybe a matte taupe or something instead!?) Other than that I love it!

Overall, I think this palette is a fantastic buy! At $34 you are getting 9 pigmented eyeshadows that are varied enough to give you all sorts of different looks. You could easily use this palette for everyday neutral colors or use the darker colors like Onyx or Foxy to give you a more dramatic look. I also think that unlike the original Urban Decay Naked Palette which mostly flatters a warmer skin tone, the colors on this palette will flatter a huge variety of skin tones--both cool and warm.

You can get this palette instore or online at Sephora and Anastasia! If you want to get your hands on this palette, definitely do it quickly--I was told that this palette would only be available for purchase for three more weeks!

What do you think about the She Wears It Well Palette? Are you a fan of the neutral/nude/naked eyeshadow craze!? I know I am! :)

Disclaimer:  The product was sent to me by Anastasia Beverly Hills PR to review for free. I am not affiliated with Anastasia Beverly Hills, nor am I paid at all to endorse their products. My views are completely honest and influenced by my personal experience only. 

Comments

  1. Yay for a palette with no chunks of glitter! These colors look gorgeous!
    Laura
    A Brunette Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette looks beautiful! I'm a sucker for neutrals and really like the Anastasia products I've used (their brow powder is one of my staples), so I may have to check this out!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post and interesting to read .... I love visiting this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush