Firmoo Glasses Review

It's funny--I start getting back into blogging and already in one month I have two posts about glasses lol! A little while ago I was contacted by Antonio from an online glasses company called Firmoo to see if I would like to try out a complimentary pair of glasses or sunglasses. He told me their goal was to spread the word on buying glasses online--something that many people have never tried or even considered trying (myself included!). They want to offer glasses that are fashionable yet affordable. They said I could give an honest review, so I jumped at the opportunity (how could I say no to a free pair of prescription glasses?).

I am definitely a newbie to the world of glasses. I have a pretty light prescription and don't need to wear them all the time--in the past 4 or 5 years since I got a prescription I have only owned two pairs of glasses. Initially I was pretty overwhelmed by the amount of choices. They had a lot of different types--full framed, rimless, plastic, metal, etc. On the Firmoo website they also have a feature where you can upload a picture of yourself and "try them on." I actually thought this function was pretty useful--although nothing replaces the visual accuracy of trying glasses on in person, this certainly helped. They also have a Firmoo+ community where people have uploaded pictures of themselves in firmoo glasses--I thought that was a great idea so you can see the glasses on all types of face shapes.


I decided to try something really different from what I would normally go for--I chose slightly nerdy, squarish oversized black frames. You can check them out here. I was scared they would be too big but I actually like them--I think the size and overall look is fun. Maybe they're not the most flattering but they're fun I do have to make sure my eye makeup is done nicely (with mascara, liner, and a bright undereye) or it makes my eyes look small though lol!

Quality wise they are surprisingly nice for the $29 price tag. There is some difference in quality between my firmoo glasses and my Ray-Bans that I currently wear (see here). My Ray-Bans just have more detail to them and the hinges seem to be a little stronger. Firmoo's glasses also seem to be made with a thinner plastic. Honestly though I could definitely see ordering from Firmoo again--for the price the quality is great and my prescription was correct too. I'm hoping that they will hold up well in the long run.
The delivery time was really good--it took less than a week for the glasses to get to me. I believe the glasses were sent from China based on the tracking website. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was that the glasses, although in a hard shell case, were stuffed into small bubble wrap mailer. Although they were undamaged, I thought it could have done with another wrapping of bubble wrap or even better, a small box. The envelope looked rather smushed when I found it in my mailbox. I also wanted to say that the extras included were a nice surprise-- they included a hard shell case, a cloth, an additional soft case, and (I was most excited about this) a little mini screwdriver so I can tighten the hinges.

If you're a first time customer you can get your first pair of glasses for free--you only pay shipping. You can get more details on that promotion HERE. You can't choose the pricier sunglasses or the designer glasses--and I do believe you would have to pay for any extra add-ons. You can order them with or without a prescription. Lucky for me I just went to the optometrist a few months ago so I was all set! If you do need prescription glasses, just make sure you have your RX on hand. Overall, I had a great experience with firmoo and would definitely recommend them. Being able to buy nice glasses at a low cost point really allows you to play around more!

Thank you so much Firmoo for allowing me to review a pair of your glasses! If any of you do end up using Firmoo, do let me know--I'd love to see what frames you chose!


Disclaimer:  The product was sent to me by Firmoo to review for free. I am not affiliated with Firmoo, nor am I paid at all to endorse their products. My views are completely honest and influenced by my personal experience only.

Comments

  1. I also got an email from Antonio, so theyre should be a review coming up on my blog soon: www.sabrinainmontecarlo.blogspot.com

    Are you based in America...?

    By the way great blog! I cannot stop reading all of your posts!

    Sabrina xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sabrina! Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm so glad you are liking it lol!! Yup, I'm in NY! Enjoy the new glasses!! I loved Firmoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches: Mac Tempting, Urban Decay Smog, Nars Kalahari, & Inglot

Nars Galapagos Swatches and Thoughts

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush: Lover's Blush